There is an upcoming biometric collection session for Bermudians seeking Canadian Visas, set for June 6th and 7th.
A Government spokesperson said, “The Ministry of Economy and Labour is pleased to advise that there is an upcoming biometric collection session for Bermudians seeking Canadian Visas. The public will recall that due to the impact of COVID-19, the Canadian Government instituted a travel ban for Canadian public servants. As a result, representatives from the Consulate General of Canada in New York could not facilitate the Biometric Identification Process for Canadian Visa Applicants in Bermuda.
“Specific identification criteria are mandatory for some individuals applying for a Canadian visitor visa, work or study permit, or permanent residency in Canada. It is also compulsory for all international students, inclusive of Bermudian students.
“Due to the ongoing partnership with the Consulate General of Canada, Biometric collection will take place in Bermuda on the 6th and 7th of June.”
“I would like to thank the Consulate General of Canada for continuing this service”, said Minister of Economy and Labour Jason Hayward. “All applicants who possess the necessary documents are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity.”
Biometrics collection service in Hamilton
- When: 6th & 7th June 2022
- Hours: Monday, 6th June 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm and Tuesday, 7th June 9:00 am to noon & 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Location: Department of Immigration, 1st Floor Government Administration Building, 30 Parliament Street, Hamilton
Can you use the service?
“First, please ensure that you do need to give your biometrics.
“You can use the service if you:
- live in, or can legally enter Bermuda
- applied for a visitor visa, study or work permit, or permanent residence;
- paid the biometrics fee [CAD $85 per individual applicant; CAD $170 maximum fee for families applying at the same time]; and
- received a biometrics instruction letter from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada [IRCC].
“Note: If you apply online for your visitor visa, study or work permit and pay the biometrics fee when you submit your application, you can get the biometrics instruction letter within 24 hours of applying. Please note that you have 30 days after receiving the letter to give your biometrics.
Book an appointment to reserve your spot
“To avoid long lines, you must book your appointment in advance. To do this, email [email protected] and include your:
- given name
- date of birth
- phone number
- Copy of your Biometrics Instruction Letter [BIL]
“The Consulate General will respond to your email within two business days.
What to bring to your biometrics appointment
- your valid passport or other travel documents
- your Biometrics Instruction Letter
“Please arrive 15 minutes ahead of your appointment time.
Other biometrics collection service options
“If you cannot use the service on June 6th & 7th in Hamilton, the following options are also available here.”
Read More About
Category: All, technology